Membership is open to all people - RPCVs, former members of Teach for East Africa, volunteers with secular and religious organizations, visitors, travelers, etc: anyone who is interested in the people and country of Tanzania! And of course, we welcome Tanzanians, especially if they live in the USA. If you don't live in the US, sending the dues to become a member may be difficult, but you can find us online.
Membership runs from January through December. Membership dues are $15 per year per person per year. ($30 per couple, $5 for students and free for the first year after returning from service as a Peace Corps Volunteer or other volunteer to Tanzania.) Donations to help FOT support projects in Tanzania are always welcome.
If you are a RENEWING Member, and all the information you provided previously is still accurate, you can renew and send a donation at the same time in one of three ways:
If you are a NEW Member or wish to update your information with FOT, you have two choices:
- By mail. (Click here for more information.)
- By using the Network for Good button on the left side of this page. In this case we will take the first $15 ($30 per couple) for the yearly dues. If you are up to date with dues, then the full amount will be considered a donation to the Project Fund. Both Dues and Donations are tax deductible.
- By using PayPal. Join Online using PayPal. After filling out the PayPal form below, please click the BUY NOW button to make your payment. We will assume that your address and email at PayPal are the correct ones for mailing. If not, please use the Mail in Form below.
- By Mail
- Join Online using PayPal. After filling out the PayPal form below, please click the BUY NOW button to make your payment for membership dues, and please consider making a donation to help support projects as well. Use either the Network for Good button on the left of this page or PayPal DONATE NOW.)
- JOIN ONLINE (PayPal)
*Make sure you do NOT use the "recurring" payment on the PayPal page if you want to pay year by year. Make sure to select the type of payment below, using the down arrow on the scroller.
If your email address and home address are different from the PayPal payment form, kindly send us an email at info@FOTanzania.org with the best information for our records. Thank you.
- JOIN BY MAIL by printing the Mail-In Membership Form (pdf) and sending it with your check to:
P.O. BOX 9123,
ARLINGTON, VA 22219 -
- Seeds of Friendship/Mbegu za Urafiki Newsletters (twice a year) containing:
- Updates on currents Tanzanian events and issues.
- Reports on projects which Friends of Tanzania helps to support
- News from the Friends of Tanzania Board, Peace Corps, Tanzania and other sources.
- The good feeling that you're keeping in touch with Tanzania and contributing to sustainable, human development projects.
answer some of your dues, donations and membership questions, please
see our FAQ page.